Foaming Oil.

Moderator: Moderators

Trash500
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Foaming Oil.

Post by Trash500 »

Hey all. Just had a great day out at cadwell park. But I noticed when I got back the oil had a layer of bubbles on it. I have seen this a couple of times now after a good thrash.
I havent done the oil yet so not sure if there are adatives that may make this happen.

I have checked the oil for any white slime and the rad. All seem clear and the temp doesn't go up abnormally.

Other than an oil and filter anyone come across this before?
Rob-ZX4R

Post by Rob-ZX4R »

I've had this before, and it's always after I've been out on the bike all day thrashing it to bits. I was out last sunday all day, and when I got back the oil had a few little bubbles in there. Once it's cooled off they disappear though, and like you say it doesn't overheat abnormally so I wouldn't worry about it. More than likely just the heat it's getting up to, engine's get pretty hot when you spend all day bouncing them off the limiter :smt003

May be worth changing your oil and filter, but I did mine saturday and like I said it was doing it Sunday so I personally dont find a problem with it. I religiously change my oil and filter every 3000 miles anyway to make sure the old girl runs smooth.
Trash500
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Trash500 »

cool, thx rob. I thought so but wanted to check.