Lucas Oil?

Moderator: Moderators

Solis560

Lucas Oil?

Post by Solis560 »

Hey everyone,
like the topic title suggests I am looking for anyone who has experience with the American oil manufacturer Lucas Oil.
I've found some relatively cheap (€30 for 5L of the stuff, originally €60) semi-synthetic SAE 10W-40 motor oil.
Seems good to me imho. This is going to be my first oil change so I'm a bit confused as to what oils to use.

And has anyone got any tips on how to remove the old oil filter without having to use the special tool?

Thanks a lot!
Solis
Miles
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400 L3

Re: Lucas Oil?

Post by Miles »

Never used Lucas myself but as for the oil filter you could try the "screwdriver-hammered-through-the-filter trick" but be careful as this has a tendency to just rip the thing in half. If you are going to do it this way then put the screwdriver near the base.

I just use an oil filter wrench which cost me less than a tenner. Never had any issues
Solis560

Post by Solis560 »

Thanks!
I think we've got an old plumbers wrench that can extend quite far, might that and a cloth for extra grip be enough to get it loose/off?
I'll look into a cheap oil filter wrench for next time though!
By the way by looking at the picture, can you say whether the oil should be fine? Semi-synth 10W-40 which says that it meets or exceeds the API, JASO & ACEA standards.
Thanks a lot!
Miles
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400 L3

Post by Miles »

Yes semi synth 10-40 is perfect