Oil Change?

Moderator: Moderators

rajrakhiria
My Bike: ZXR 400 L9

Oil Change?

Post by rajrakhiria »

Hi,
I haven't changed my oil for a couple of years now, primarily because the bike don't get as 'used and abused' as the motor, (car gets a annual oil service regardless of mileage)! Just wondering at what mileage should I change, or do you reccomend a 2 (or 3) year service for the oil is sufficient?

Additionally is it ok to use 'car engine flush' on a bike, prior to oil change !?

The engine is not loosing oil and is working perfect.

Look forward to replies.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Oil Change?

Post by cargo »

There's full service schedule in the manual....................I would go with what Mr Kawasaki recommends.

http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/zxr400/manual.html
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Re: Oil Change?

Post by KwakKwak »

rajrakhiria wrote:Additionally is it ok to use 'car engine flush' on a bike, prior to oil change !?.
I've heard some horror stories regarding engine flushing, (on cars mind), loosening crap in the sump that does not find it's way out of the drain, but finds it's way back into the engine, unless I knew the oil had been regularly changed over the bikes entire life or I was intending to remove the oil pan to check, I would not be using an engine flush. Change the oil, do 100 miles and change it again would be the safer option. Oh and don't forget the filter.
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.