oil in air filter?!

Moderator: Moderators

Rasta-ninja
My Bike: zxr 400

oil in air filter?!

Post by Rasta-ninja »

I know im running a suzuki sv650 at the moment but a bikes a bike. Yesterday it started spluttering and cut out but i fired it back up no problems, then today it tried to kill me at a roundabout when it spluttered loads and jumped forward, the revs were going a bit crazy. So i thought probably a blocked fuel or air hose. Got into the airbox and there is a lot of oil in there. The tube for the excess crap was completely full and there was even a little build up in the bottom of the box. What could cause oil to get into here?! blown head gasket?
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: oil in air filter?!

Post by RedexRobB »

Are you sure its not oil from the filter? They should have some oil on them to help filter the air.

Have you been wheelieing your SV? I do belive the air box will fill up nicely with oil in this scenario. Check your oil level too.
Rasta-ninja
My Bike: zxr 400

Re: oil in air filter?!

Post by Rasta-ninja »

thats what i thought but the tube on the side that has a plug in it which stores all the crappy build up was completely full of it!!!! only wheelied once or twice :roll: Yeah went to check the levels and its got way to much in their, il drain some out and give the filter a good clean, might drain the carb bowls as well seeing as they have oily fuel