End Can Spacers?

Moderator: Moderators

saka_ZXR
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400 L3

End Can Spacers?

Post by saka_ZXR »

I appologise for the many topics i have started in the last few days, but being a self confessed n00b i really have to ask as i have no clue :(

I was looking at an end can to replace my micron on my zxr and the remus viper would look awesome on a zxr! However the viper has a 76mm inlet and my micron had a 65mm inlet, are there any spacers or the likes to compensate for the 10mm excess the viper has?

Or would someone on the forum who is handy with metal mind knocking one up for me? I'd pay u well :D

Many thanks in advance
If it's broke spray it with WD40, if it's still broke spray it again and leave it over night, if it's still broke, bin it.
bendog66
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZXR400 L4, ZX6R F1 track

Re: End Can Spacers?

Post by bendog66 »

Alright mate. As far as i know the Remus Viper is only made as a bolt on can. I assume you have a slip on micron system rather than the old school bolt on one? If that's the case you'd need standard downpipes (or stainless replacements). Hope this helps.
Davw
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: zxr400 track, vfr800 road

Post by Davw »

saka_ZXR wrote: I was looking at an end can to replace my micron on my zxr and the remus viper would look awesome on a zxr! However the viper has a 76mm inlet and my micron had a 65mm inlet, are there any spacers or the likes to compensate for the 10mm excess
Its a bit of a gap to make up in this way but have you thought about metal tape (search exhaust tape on fleebay) - 1ill be around £2 (posted) for 10m of self amalgamating aluminium tape which is handy for makingup differences between the link pipe and the slip on can. Never tried in with a 5mm gap but dont see why it cant work. It is advertised as a temporary fix but used in this way it is fine longer term as the tape uis held firmly in place with the slip over and clamp - cheap and cheerful and a good way to test the can and how it looks before splashing out on metal bending
Fatspanner Racing/[/size][/color]
saka_ZXR
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400 L3

Post by saka_ZXR »

Managed to get a smaller viper and someone to knock me up a bolt on to slip on converter :)
If it's broke spray it with WD40, if it's still broke spray it again and leave it over night, if it's still broke, bin it.