UNDERSEAT EXHAUST

Moderator: Moderators

tk400
My Bike: ZXR400 , ZXR950

UNDERSEAT EXHAUST

Post by tk400 »

I have just purchased a 2005 zx6 full stock system. I plan to install it on my L model, As a neat underseat system with the added benfit of titanium headers and an exhaust servo valve. Hoping to use the valve to tune out the big hole at mid revs caused by the cams and tunning work. I am expecting to have to do some work and cut open the mufler . Just wondering if anyone has attempted this or any other underseat conversion. I am going to remove the anti squat bar and weld a filet into the swingarm. Also going to buff up the titanium headers and possibly make a new collector......any input welcome......cheers.

incidentally I will have a beet / nassert straight through system for sale if this works ( 4 - 1 full race) any offers ????

Regards TK400
Davw
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: zxr400 track, vfr800 road

Re: UNDERSEAT EXHAUST

Post by Davw »

Troy - there was a really neat underseat exhaust sold a few months back on e-bay. The rear subframe was modified with a cutout and removeable "spar" which allowed the exhasut to be installed but when replaced maintained the strenght of the subframe.

I was tempted at the time but had other priorities. I think I copeid the pic - will have a look
Fatspanner Racing/[/size][/color]
zxr_oli
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Daytona 675

Post by zxr_oli »

Surely the 6R pipes will be way to wide, taking the very little low-mid range the bike already doesn't have?
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

This chap in germany has managed it

http://www.zxr400.de/
Davw
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: zxr400 track, vfr800 road

Post by Davw »

Wow - that zorsts a work of art. :smt001 Hes cleaned up the back end nicely but ditching the rear brake might not pass scrutineering!!! :smt009
Fatspanner Racing/[/size][/color]
tk400
My Bike: ZXR400 , ZXR950

Post by tk400 »

by way to wide ...do you mean diam. Its actually not bad for race spec zxr400 and it is 4-2-1 which is gunna be better for road/track day bike. I just need to remove the cat which is in the collector and make a new collector. Just picked it up today and it doesnt look bad........
andyvanderpandy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr400L3

Post by andyvanderpandy »

fallsofslowly is trying this right now, im sure if you asked him he advise. top pbloke he is!