new end can

Moderator: Moderators

carlingboy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kawasaki zxr 400 L1

new end can

Post by carlingboy »

Hi all more advice needed than anything else i can get hold of a new end can from a friend of mine who brought it but never used it ,it looks like it will fit mine but is it as simple as unbolt one rebolt other, would it perhaps change performance or running of bike?????? confuddled
There are only three kinds of people; people who can count and people who can't.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: new end can

Post by RedexRobB »

hello chap, should be a case of unbolt the can and strap, then fit the new one on if it fits. Some cans dont require jetting but to get the best out of it take it to a dyno. whats the new can off of?
carlingboy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kawasaki zxr 400 L1

Post by carlingboy »

Hi Rob he got it from a friend of his who laid claim to it when they moved office but the only bike he recalls anyone having at his works was a tl 1000. however it looks like it would go straight on mine so i didn't know wether or not there are certain cans for certain bikes or r they universal????
There are only three kinds of people; people who can count and people who can't.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

you will need to check the pcd of the mounting holes.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

im not sure, but it wouldnt surprise me if most cans were the same, but just have different mounting holes. I know so many people who fit cans from other bikes to thiers even tho it wasnt originally made for thier bike. If you can borrow it just to see if it fits youll know for sure.