Art pro series 2!!

Moderator: Moderators

apollo

Art pro series 2!!

Post by apollo »

Hi All,
Just aquired a `92 L zxr 400. Got a few things I`m going to do to it. Sort brakes whhels of for painting etc. But my problem is that the exhaust on the bike is a ART Pro Series 2 and I can`t find any markings on it to say it is legal. Been away from bikes for a good few years and can`t seem to find an answer anywhere. It was put through it`s MOT by last owner with can on and passed, but I`m concerned about it not being road legal. It bolts into place with a few bolts on a flange. So I`m considering buying a scorpion legal end can from demon tweeks for £183. Also there is a flat spot in accelaeration at 4000rpm, any ideas? Any information will be greatly appretiated. Great web site by the way.
Cheers guys
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: Art pro series 2!!

Post by masterofinsanity »

quick search on the net states the Art pro series are race cans so not road legal.you may want to look at carbon can co as well for nice aftermarket cans.As for the 4000rpm flatspot could be the inlet rubbers leaking which was discussed recently on here.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.