Micron can dismantling?

Moderator: Moderators

Lee

Micron can dismantling?

Post by Lee »

I have a road legal round micron stainless end can. It is extremely quiet and would like to make it a bit louder. At the outlet end there is 3 allen key bolts which when removed allows you to take the outlet tip off but i don't know what the point of it is? Once the outlet has been removed, the internals seem to be stuck in there solid. I thought i could maybe remove the baffle but dosen't look like it will budge. Anyone mucked about with a similar can or know what can be done with it?
I also thought about stubbying it but can't work out how the inlet end is held on as there are no rivets, bolts etc. :smt017
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: Micron can dismantling?

Post by masterofinsanity »

think you will find its all welded together mate, have known people stubby them by cutting right through the baffle but you'll have to re-drill and tap holes to refit the end spout, don't forget to make sure it seals too, if you do stubby it make sure it is bolted together well and don't blow apart :smt003
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by jake »

id sell it as is mate, and buy yourself a race can. Or keep the micron aswell for mots. Ive seen good condition micron straight thru's go for under a ton on ebay
rover220
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zx7r p6

Post by rover220 »

not welded together.

undo the 3 screws, have lots of fun removing the end cap.

will need to cut the internals to size, grind the baffle of the inner end cap and get that rewelded (2 tiny blobs and rebolt together.

took me about 3 hours to do.