HAS ANYONE EVER FITTED A SET OF DELKEVIC DOWNPIPES

Moderator: Moderators

miles40

HAS ANYONE EVER FITTED A SET OF DELKEVIC DOWNPIPES

Post by miles40 »

HI EVERYONE. I NEED TO REPLACE THE DOWNPIPES ON MY 1989 ZXR400H1 AS THEY HAVE RUSTED THROUGH. DELKEVIC DO A SET BUT I AM NOT SURE IF THEY WILL FIT AND THEY ARE NOT SURE EITHER. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD FITTED THEM BEFORE, IF THEY WERE ANY GOOD,IF YOU NEED TO REJET THE CARBS. AND IF THEY MAKE THE BIKE RUN ANY DIFFERENT AS I USE IT TO COMMUTE THROUGH A CITY TO WORK. UNLESS ANYONE COULD SUGGEST ANOTHER MAKE OF DOWNPIPE IN STAINLESS STEEL FOR £200. THANKS A LOT
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: HAS ANYONE EVER FITTED A SET OF DELKEVIC DOWNPIPES

Post by jake »

NEVER HEARD OF THEM DUDE! what model do they say they are for, if they aint sure?
hello by the way! there is a micron system on ebay at the mo, might go for under 200 squid, ya never know.

:smt001
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Ive never heard of them, website looks profesional tho.

http://www.delkevic.co.uk/?section=prod ... duct_id=17

I think cos you want them for a 1989 model, and they supply 1995-1998 only which makes them for the L model only. It does say beside the picture 'ZXR400 H-L' tho, off the top of my head i cant remember if the H and L model headers are the same or not.

The Microfiches show the exhausts have different part numbers so i guess they wont fit.........
zxr_oli
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Daytona 675

Post by zxr_oli »

H and L's should be the same, atleast i hope they are since i have L ones on the way :P
Everyone has told me that H and L ones are the same, although the part numbers are different the fittings are the same.
miles40

Post by miles40 »

thanks a lot for the advice everyone. I WILL HAVE A LOOK ROUND AND SEE IF I CAN FIND ANY OTHER DOWNPIPES FOR ABOOUT THAT PRICE. I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF I HAVE ANY LUCK IN CASE ANYONE ELSE RUNS INTO THE SAME PROBLEM AS ME.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Just wait for Oli to get his, and if they dont we can laugh at his great expense :smt016 They probably are the same fitment, but just going by the microfiches the H model pipes have link pipes between the two outer and two inner pipes.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

there are cosmetic differences between H and L exhausts, but they are all interchangeable. IIRC the "balance pipes" dont do anything as there's no hole in the sides of the headers to allow the gasses to pass through them and they are just braces .. i may be wrong, its a long time since ive had to cut-up/repair stock headers, but ive certainly seen that on one set, and it was probably a zxr400 set.

the delkevic headers are a direct copy of the stock L series headers, but in stainless.

no re-jetting needed and your standard can will/should bolt on.

they are the same ones that crop up on ebay all the time at just below/above the 200 quid mark.
miles40

Post by miles40 »

HI ZIMM THANKS A LOT FOR YOURE ADVICE I AM GOING TO HAVE TO SAVE A BIT MORE MONEY FOR THE DOWNPIPES AS I NOW HAVE TO PAY A BIG BILL. SO I WILL HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THE HOLES IN THE EXHAUST FOR A WHILE LONGER AND THE BAD RUNNING OF THE ENGINE DUE TO THIS