29%
Dont care
29%

Total votes: 7

mingmingmo
My Bike: ZXR400

Stubby or not to Stubby

Post by mingmingmo »

what do you guys think is more important when looking for exhaust's?

Stubby
Performance
Looks

Lets hear them
Mingmingmo

Sorry officer i thought you wanted a race .
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: Stubby or not to Stubby

Post by masterofinsanity »

its ok stubbying the end can but it will be detrimental to the performance so if you'r gonna do it get another race can to stubby and keep your old one in case it causes running problems.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

masterofinsanity wrote:its ok stubbying the end can but it will be detrimental to the performance so if you'r gonna do it get another race can to stubby and keep your old one in case it causes running problems.

it doesnt have to be detrimental, you'll just need to tweak the carbs a touch and maybe re-jet.. just like fitting any "different" exhaust
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

zimm wrote:
masterofinsanity wrote:its ok stubbying the end can but it will be detrimental to the performance so if you'r gonna do it get another race can to stubby and keep your old one in case it causes running problems.

it doesnt have to be detrimental, you'll just need to tweak the carbs a touch and maybe re-jet.. just like fitting any "different" exhaust

tweak the carbs and re-jet...........i call that detrimental, i hate carbs! :smt003
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

what would be more detremental was if you did the stubby, didnt reject the carbs, left it too lean, which it would be if you didnt rejet, holed all your pistons as a result of it being lean and then have to replace all the pistons, for the 40minutes it takes to rejet the carbs Ill happily choose that if it saves me having a bust bike, expensive pistons and expensive rebuild
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

so thats why it runs like a bag of crap? :smt005