flat spot cured!

Moderator: Moderators

ratbag56
My Bike: zxr400 / 636

flat spot cured!

Post by ratbag56 »

this goes out to all people with the micron race system, ever since i fitted this system i had a flat spot when i cracked the throttle open, i fitted a dyno jet kit and this didnt help, so i lived with it! i was out the other night with my bro and his mate and we got tlking but this flat spot. thats when i had my brain wave ( yes it did hurt).
if u take ur end can off and look down the down pipe u can see a baffle this i found doesn't help the flow of exhaust gas's out of the exhaust! so i cut it out and now i hav a completely start throu exhaust, the sound is a bit loder but it has cured the problem
Northern ANdy
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Unique ZXR400

Re: flat spot cured!

Post by Northern ANdy »

i have the carbon micron can with baffle, had the end plate off yesterday and had a look at removing the baffle, couldn't see how it was held in though and didn't try to much because I've got no spare packing if I had to pull the core out.
Andy
ratbag56
My Bike: zxr400 / 636

Re: flat spot cured!

Post by ratbag56 »

it is welded in is a barstard to get out i had to cut the pipe to remove the baffle and weld it bck up! is worth it thou! iv been runnit wit out the baffle in for two days and feels alot better!