iv got a race exhaust for MOT. HELP!

Moderator: Moderators

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

I think you will find they have only put it down to the officers discression now, which it pretty much was before anyway, only difference is its been made official by the ACPO.
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

close enouth for me! :smt003
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
Jamz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX9-R C2

Post by Jamz »

My mate got pulled over and given a producer for small plate and illegal can etc.

The officer who pulled him also asked him to tell him who was the rider of a black bike with a tiny plate who lived near him! :smt107

Is if he was gonna shop me in!!! :lol:

Even more ironically, just as he got pulled over, I'd sent him a text warning him that Police in that area were pulling bikers over, too...

It's a funny world sometimes! :smt017
Who needs tyres when you've got knees!! :twisted:

View my Blog: http://blog.myspace.com/nastyevilninja

Head-Down
My Bike: ZXR400 L1

Re: iv got a race exhaust for MOT. HELP!

Post by Head-Down »

i got pulled over the other day, mainly for overtaking an unmarked plod car, they pinned me with 3 points for overtaking on solid white lines when i didnt, so now iv got to go to court about it. they said they were also going to give me another fixed fine for having a smaller than usual number plate. monkeys!
Ride hard or die Tryin'
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

contest the numberplate mate, new legislation says you can use a small numberplate providing it can be read at 20.5 yards or summat like that.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
gubbs
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZZR1100C3

Post by gubbs »

Head-Down wrote:i got pulled over the other day, mainly for overtaking an unmarked plod car, they pinned me with 3 points for overtaking on solid white lines when i didnt, so now iv got to go to court about it. they said they were also going to give me another fixed fine for having a smaller than usual number plate. monkeys!
You can legally overtake on solid white lines.

You just have to overtake _within_ the white lines.

EDIT: If at any point in your manouvre your bike touched or crossed the white lines, its an instant 3 points. Tough break but thats the law ..

Altho there does seem to be a lot of people crying 'stitch up' lately. I wouldn't be suprised if it isn't going down big stylee either, what with the police out to meet ever ridiculous 'detection' targets.

After all, in court, whats the word of a biker against two coppers? You'll loose. Take the points if I were you ..

Unless it was an unmarked car (in which case you have the footage), or the there was a stationary vehicle in the middle of the road (the only time you are legally allowed to cross double white lines) its not worth contesting mate.
zxr400 h2 (breaking)
zzr1100c3 (broken)
Vespa et4 (almost broken)

My FleaBay

"Save the planet, eat a vegan .." - Clarkson
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

incidentally, i don't think it's quite stationary - accounts for very slow moving things like cyclists, steam engines whatever i think
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits
Head-Down

Post by Head-Down »

the thing is that the officer said that i crossed double white lines, but the are only singlw white lines and alo i didnt cross then i was back on my side of the road before thay started. the distance from where i over took to where the white lines start was 320 yard which is plenty of room to over take 3 cars.
Ride hard or die Tryin'
deviant
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L3

Post by deviant »

masterofinsanity wrote:contest the numberplate mate, new legislation says you can use a small numberplate providing it can be read at 20.5 yards or summat like that.
not true.

the letter of the law hasn't changed. the association of chief police officers have issued guidelines suggesting that forces lay off prosecuting people unless they can't be read from 20.5m. however it is just that - a suggestion which individual forces are at liberty to ignore. small plates are still illegal.
In the garage:
Kawasaki ZXR400 L3 - shiny
Suzuki DR800 - bouncy
1978 Suzuki GS400 - PROJECT RETRO RACER!
Kawasaki GPz500S - for sale soon
Honda CG125 BR-J - in bits
Head-Down

Post by Head-Down »

finally got around to taking my bike for an MOT, it passed with a full micron system that says not for road use under the tip, and a back indicator with only half the LEDs working.
Ride hard or die Tryin'