l model downpipes

Moderator: Moderators

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Thats actually quite alot of money! I paid half that for a major service on my ZXR once.
dynamatiz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by dynamatiz »

cheers rob a will do, al get it measured up and see how much its gonna cost for a can for now, and if its not worth my while al buy some new down pipes

a cant believe you paid that much for a service, if that was me ad sell it on straight away
icklelea
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by icklelea »

NOOOOO i paid that for the downpipes, fitting of those and a full service!

I was still shafted and i knew that!! one of my mates took it to the shop, and paid a £100 deposit without me knowing, so i had the choice of paying the full amount or losing the deposit :smt010 :smt010 and i needed the bike back as i had to get back to norwich!
dynamatiz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by dynamatiz »

ahhh am with ya!

still a lot of money though, did you burn the place down afterwards lol :smt003
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Xphyral »

I know you paid for service, downpipes and fitting but damn. I'd find yourself a new garage. I get Valve adjustments and plugs done for £100 the rest i can do at home. and i certainly wouldnt pay full price for downpipes cuz it's not something i would ever see back after the sale of the bike. An aftermarket system would have been the same price possibly cheaper and you can tack some extra onto your resale for that. The garage if it was decent should have given you a few options. I hate scammin monkeys.

If a standard part goes i heartily reccomend performance upgrades, cuz their usually around the same price as your standard factory parts but their oh so much better value in the long run.

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
dynamatiz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by dynamatiz »

well i just got a micron race can for my bike now its an older one but should do the trick and if need be a can sell it on and put the dough to a new one , ive decided to get a new set of stainless downpipes next(well when i can afford it) anyone ones to look out for peeps???
l

[/img]
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Micron seem to be the easiest to get hold of, i do believe there are a few more systems out there but in total its only a handful of companies. You might find a few rare pipes about on ebay, my ZXR has a titanium beet system on it which was on when i bought it, saw exactly the same system on ebay for 400 quid!