Downpipes H model

Moderator: Moderators

Adamzxr4
My Bike: Zxr 400 H1

Downpipes H model

Post by Adamzxr4 »

Hi just a quick question I have a H1 model and ordered an oval can from a16 road n race supplies the can sat out at an angle and I couldn't fit the hanger the man at a16 says someone has fitted L model downpipes to my bike as the bolt on holes are at a different angle on the L model is this true help much appreciated cheers Adam
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400L4

Re: Downpipes H model

Post by Tirpitz »

Yes. I have a round can from A16 which fitted on my L pipes perfectly. They are a good, trustworthy firm and know what they are talking about. You'll have to try and exchange it.
ZXR400 L4, purple / black / pink
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
A16 carbon fibre exhaust can
Nitron Sport shock
Adamzxr4
My Bike: Zxr 400 H1

Post by Adamzxr4 »

I've sent it back and he said he will redo the flange for me free of charge so hopefully it will fit :D I've had the stubby carbon oval it sounds awesome ! Cheers Adam
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400L4

Post by Tirpitz »

Yes, they do sound good but be aware it's not road legal. If you get pulled for a roadside check it's a £30 fine as it's not E-marked and you'll get a producer to show you've fitted a legal can. Depending where you have it MoT'd they may (should) refuse to pass it, so you may need to put the OEM can back on from time to time.

The standard length carbon cans are road legal.

Suppose you know this anyway as A16 are up front on the website and point out stubbies are not road legal.
ZXR400 L4, purple / black / pink
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
A16 carbon fibre exhaust can
Nitron Sport shock