Moderator: Moderators

saka_ZXR
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400 L3

Re: Rattle cans?

Post by saka_ZXR »

Really? Oh yeah :D

Maybe my sight aint what i thought it was at 17 ;)
If it's broke spray it with WD40, if it's still broke spray it again and leave it over night, if it's still broke, bin it.
Jeppo
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by Jeppo »

I did my old zxr400 with cans, rubbed it down, put on the stickers and then got a work collegue to laquer it. Here is the result.
Thats what i'm planning on doing. So you rubbed it down after the final layer of spray before laquering?? I'm doing mine in gloss black and sanding it totally removes the shine? But does the laquer return this shine?
stug
My Bike: Yamaha R1

Post by stug »

If you put a layer of water over the panel it should show roughly what it will look like when laquered.
CarneyUK

Post by CarneyUK »

Jeppo wrote:
I did my old zxr400 with cans, rubbed it down, put on the stickers and then got a work collegue to laquer it. Here is the result.
Thats what i'm planning on doing. So you rubbed it down after the final layer of spray before laquering?? I'm doing mine in gloss black and sanding it totally removes the shine? But does the laquer return this shine?
Yeah it will return the shine when you laquer it. Once I had finished the rattle cans to what I wanted and just before putting on the stickers I sanded the whole bike with 1600 (may have been 1200) wet and dry. The aim is to get the paint to look matt (ie no shine) but don't go through the layers you have put on. I then applied the stickers and got it laquered. If you don't rub it down with really fine wet and dry it makes it harder for the laquer to stick.