halfrauds paint

Moderator: Moderators

tobomoto
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: zxr400l4 zx7r

halfrauds paint

Post by tobomoto »

im after some green paint as close to hawk kawasaki green as possible. does halfords have anything close to the colour off the shelf? im not sure how many cans ill need but i want to be able to get the same shade whenever i need to. cheers all.
anything is possible with enough time and money. and an open mind...
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Re: halfrauds paint

Post by zimm »

no they dont .. halfords that is ....

go to partco or similar, they'll mix proper paint up and chuck it in an aerosol for you.. the 2 pack they mixed for me matched the OE green perfectly

in the above pics (i know... they're crap) the fairings are resprayed, the mudguard is OE ...

"kawasaki lime green" was the colour.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

Halfruads rip you off car parts..................................never again will I go there

Paid them 9.99 for a headlight bulb for my car. I got home and put it in................... the other bulb went instantly..................GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR

So next morning on the way to the gym I called in at a small cars parts place near the gym same bulb....................3.95
tobomoto
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tobomoto »

thats exactaly the colour i want zimm. looks really good. i wont go to halfords for car parts- as said they are a rip off. my local one dont have a clue about anything either.
zxrnoakze400
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr400 h2

Post by zxrnoakze400 »

halfords do actualy make up the colour you need, just take your beast down there and they should match it up for you!
tobomoto
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tobomoto »

only problem is its not legal at the min :smt011 and im going for a completely different colour. it was blue befpre but im going for green now :smt003
zxrnoakze400
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr400 h2

Post by zxrnoakze400 »

find the colour you need on the internet? print it off on some papers and take it down there biggrin
tobomoto
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tobomoto »

i tried that but they just refused to have a look for it just cos i said the word 'bike', even though i had the paint codes ect. useless tw**s 'sorry we dont do bike paints'.
Tom1528
My Bike: ZXR400 L1

Post by Tom1528 »

you all seem to be dissing halfords quite alot.. they actually do some good stuff but also some shite. i sprayed some wheels matt black on my last bike with halfords paint, one coat, straight over the original and it lasted all through winter and summer right up till i sold it and it didnt flake off atall or rub through! smiler
"If it's not broken, fix it 'till it is - If your not sure how it works, take it apart and find out - If it don't work when you put it back together.......look in the manual"
tobomoto
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by tobomoto »

the quality of some stuff is quite good. ive used their paints to spray bits on my car and its come out not too bad. its just the lack of customer service in the ones near me which i dont like :smt011
Tom1528
My Bike: ZXR400 L1

Post by Tom1528 »

tobomoto wrote:the quality of some stuff is quite good. ive used their paints to spray bits on my car and its come out not too bad. its just the lack of customer service in the ones near me which i dont like :smt011
"halfords go the extra mile" haha ..yeh. :smt017
"If it's not broken, fix it 'till it is - If your not sure how it works, take it apart and find out - If it don't work when you put it back together.......look in the manual"
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by jake »

I blagged a trade card from them(quite easy to do), and its worth goin there then. some stuff is cheap, some stuff not so bad, and some stuff still a rip.
20% off pro range tools is a good one, bulbs,brake pads, belts,wiper blades etc.. cheap as anythin.
i think its 20% off oils and filters too.
fck all saving on paints tho.
lewisdale
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: zxr400 H2

Post by lewisdale »

how do ya get the card then mate?dont they ask for proof of work etc?
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by jake »

I wrote a letter stating i looked after a small race team, maintaining the bikes etc... stated the quantitys of oil/plugs/filters, etc we would go through in an average season. Went in with my overalls on, and asked what they could do for me! they gave me a tradecard.
Well worth getting, especially cos they are open late and weekends
lewisdale
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: zxr400 H2

Post by lewisdale »

yer mate definatly, so did you send the letter into them or just walk in, hand it over the counter and basically got a card there and then?