Fairing Reference Question

Moderator: Moderators

M0rd3kaI
My Bike: 1996 Kawasaki ZXR-400

Fairing Reference Question

Post by M0rd3kaI »

Hi there guys.

My baby is half-dead, ZXR-400 L6, person drove into my lane with not near enough warning... after what I assume would have been an epic stoppie, I tail-ended their car, anyway, Front fairing is to hell, and right front is scratched and cracked in a few spots (Bike went down on the right hand side) I actually have 2 questions:

Do you guys scheme these fairings would fit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true They say it fits the Kawasaki Ninja ZXR400 from 1992-1996, but There is no indication that mine is a 'ninja' model. I kinda like the look and then all I'll have to re-paint is the tank and the airbox cover, but it is coming from Hong Kong, so shipping fees in case it is wrong will be a bugger (PS, I'm in South Africa, so if you guys know of cheaper places for fairings, I'll still have to rake out for shipping and customs)

Second, could/would any of you guys please do me a favour and post as clear pictures as possible of the bracket that attaches to the exhaust muffler from the frame? Due to the bike going down on the right hand side, it landed with a lot of force on the exhaust, and bent it in the process at the base of the muffler, my bracket now has a total of 3 'bends' and I can;t tell if any were made by the fall, because all of them look very factory made...

Any help will be highly appreciated... Thank god for riding gear, I walked away with only a little bump and bruise and slight headache.
I got bored on my ZXR-400 for a while on the straights...

Until I realised the speedo was reading on the better side of the 180 cut-off...
Ewetea
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400L5

Re: Fairing Reference Question

Post by Ewetea »

micron strap.pdf
scorpion strap.pdf
Hi. I have spent half an hour trying to attach photos, so I hope that they show.
The first shows the support arm for a Micron silencer (muffler?) which has a bolted connection at the inboard side. The support arm requires several bends to meet the location point. But it is made of thick steel, so I would think it unlikely that this is the item on your bike.
The second is the support arm for a strap attached to a Scorpion silencer. It only needs one bend as the strap can be rotated to suit the support. The strap is aluminium and more likely to be your item.
If this info is completely off the wall, then please take a photo of your item for reference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Re: Fairing Reference Question

Post by ross46 »

Second one down is standard, like the look of the micron though!