Chinese Fairings?

Moderator: Moderators

v1nn13
My Bike: ZXR400 H1

Chinese Fairings?

Post by v1nn13 »

As most of us know, cheaper chinese-made products are filling up our eBay search pages. I was thinking about replacing/repairing the fairing, ready to shine for the summer and came across this;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Fai ... 48443799d8

It does seem logical and easier to take them straight out the box and bolt straight on, without having to worry about the paint colour and lines matching. Was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the matter.

- Has anyone bought these?
- Know if they fit well or need slight modification to fit?
- Quality of finish good/poor?
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: Chinese Fairings?

Post by RedexRobB »

fit wise i hear they arent that great, nor is the quality. Have a search round there is definately someone here that has bought them before i remember the post.
andy862
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400 L9

Post by andy862 »

Someone on a facebook page i folow put them on his zx6r. the fit wasnt to bad needed a bit of a wiggle but if you do put another couple of laquer on them also let me know how it goes she needs a bit of a tart up, coming up to 14 years old this year.

Andy
Sounds stupid?
When can i do it?
p.lally
My Bike: ZXR400 H2

Post by p.lally »

I think they can be abit hit or miss, but I got mine from http://mymotorbikeparts.com/ which comes from Hong Kong and they fit "ok" with some help, but nothing like the originals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by p.lally on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Post by banner001 »

i would only fit them in 2 scenarios:-

1. trackday bike where graphics dont matter, and as long as the panels fit together, great!

2. as everyday replacements for my pristine original fairings, fit the original fairings when you want to show off, and leave the copy's on for everyday, but i would only do that for a bike i use all the time.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
spike
My Bike: zxr 400

Post by spike »

I got some. For the money there ok. Fit was ok , don't get me wrong not spot on but more than happy with it. The finish wasn't the best you would send it back if you'd had them sprayed. They have started to chip around the screw holes and there is over spray on the colour joins. But agin for the money while I get my standard set sprayed I'm happy.
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

How much did you pay?
spike
My Bike: zxr 400

Post by spike »

they were just off ebay . so with post about £270 which for the hole set cant complain.