Nose cone

Moderator: Moderators

SOILZX
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400

Nose cone

Post by SOILZX »

The existing nose cone on my L-model is feck ed to be fair, it's got some nasty assed cracks in it. I have tried repairing, but seem to get enough strength into the repairs (fibre glass, plastic welding etc), everytime it comes to skimming filler over it, it just re-cracks.
So, i think its best to just fork out for a replacement (dont want it re-cracking after ive just painted it!!), but theres a few after market replacements kicking round and i cant make up my mind which one to go for??

Was thinking, either one of these http://www.jap4performance.com/kawasakiZXR400.html

Or, one of these http://www.motorcycle-fairings.co.uk/Vi ... ductID=104

Anybody had any experience with either of these
Cheers
SOILZX
I BRAKE FOR CAKE!!
Definitive mechanics toolkit: A hammer and a condom,
If it can't be fixed with a hammer, f*** it!!
lewisdale
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: zxr400 H2

Re: Nose cone

Post by lewisdale »

to be honest i would look for a good origional kwak one, them fiberglass ones look crappy from the inside and never fit 100%, it would prob work out cheaper too to get a good secondhand one
bendog66
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZXR400 L4, ZX6R F1 track

Post by bendog66 »

I took mine to the painters (Racepaint in Nottingham) and they repaired it there. Did a oo job too. It was cracked from the headlight to the wing mirrors and you can't even tell now
SOILZX
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400

Post by SOILZX »

lewisdale wrote:to be honest i would look for a good origional kwak one, them fiberglass ones look crappy from the inside and never fit 100%, it would prob work out cheaper too to get a good secondhand one
I thought that would probably be the case, i'll keep an eye out for a genuine 1.
Cheers
SOILZX
I BRAKE FOR CAKE!!
Definitive mechanics toolkit: A hammer and a condom,
If it can't be fixed with a hammer, f*** it!!