Clutch Bypass Question

Moderator: Moderators

stranger255
My Bike: Aprillia Shiver

Clutch Bypass Question

Post by stranger255 »

Hello!

Hoping this hasnt been asked before as I couldnt find a post with the same issue.

I have a ZXR 400 L1 race bike which has had the clutch switch removed but not bypassed.

On the wiring diagram am I correct in thinking that the 2 blocked connector after the neutral switch should be where the standard cable plugs in to a bullet connector and then to the two pin?

I have tried bridging the wires just before the 2 pin connector and I cannot get the bike to start in gear at all which is a pain when i managed to stall it in the pits.

Could anyone offer some advice? Can provide pictures if what I have described is not clear
banner001
Track day God
Track day God
My Bike: ZXR400 L4

Re: Clutch Bypass Question

Post by banner001 »

if your clutch switch has been removed but not bypassed your bike will NEVER start in gear, you need to connect the black wire to the black/yellow wire so the CDI thinks you are always in neutral (this should be a 3-wire plug).

the 2 wire connection near the neutral switch is for the side-stand switch, again you need to bridge the connectors otherwise the bike will think you have kicked your sidestand out...and wont fire.
UK ZXR400 L3 (1993) - Fully restored and on the roads, my green beast!
JPN ZXR250 A2 (1990) - Revs to 19,200rpm... 'nuff said :smt003
stranger255

Post by stranger255 »

Ahh brilliant, the 2 pin one appears to already have been bypassed as the bike fires perfectly.

I will now need to go digging for where the hell he has hidden the 3 pin connector!
stranger255

Post by stranger255 »

Cheers banner, got it all sorted now and even managed to fix another issue with your guidance :D