grab handle

Moderator: Moderators

borops
My Bike: tomos moped

grab handle

Post by borops »

is it possable to fit a grab handle on my zxr400 H import or would i have to change the whole tail section ?. rob
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

the grab handles on the L models bolt throught the tail section into the subframe, i can't see any reason why you can't add one to the H model?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
borops

Post by borops »

hiya thanks for the reply i will have to have a look around for a l model to see how it bolts on. thanks again rob
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

masterofinsanity wrote:the grab handles on the L models bolt throught the tail section into the subframe, i can't see any reason why you can't add one to the H model?
Cos the subframes are dfferent Baz, when i needed one for my old ZXR i found one at a breakers but it was for the H model, cours ei needed the L. So they might not fit at all.
borops

Post by borops »

hi so the out come is i could need a sub frame from a L model :?: .
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

bit of fettling you should be able to get em to fit?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Possibly, they arent a straight swap but im sure some make up brackets could work. Also you'll have to consider the bodywork. Ok, again some brackets could do the job, but the most vital point is the passeneger seat, that probably wont fit either after all of that. The latches might be the same but cos of the differing shape of the bodywork compared to the sub frame they might not all fit in to accomodate the seat.

Have ya thought about getting a grab handle made up? I think its gonna be far simpler and cheaper. If you can get a peice of metal bent up properly and work out how to make it fit (that might include some cutting of bodywork) you could do it no problem.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

probably be best going along these sort of lines????????

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Yep, that exactly what i was thinking when describing it :D