Blank H model keys

Moderator: Moderators

zxr_lover
My Bike: ZXR400 H model

Blank H model keys

Post by zxr_lover »

Hi folks as the title says, I've been looking high and low for blank keys to get some spare. As when i bought the bike it only came with one so if i lose that am buggered. I've been to the 3 biggest key cutting shops in my town and they can't seem to get them in stock. I've tried so many places on the internet but to no avail. Am sure someone on here has got hold of some from somewhere! Any info would be great folks!!!

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Re: Blank H model keys

Post by rene »

for all my bikes i've always just gone down to the local key cutter on the market and they'll bash one out. Wont look pritty as its jsut a ramdom key but works fine
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
zxr_lover

Post by zxr_lover »

rene wrote:for all my bikes i've always just gone down to the local key cutter on the market and they'll bash one out. Wont look pritty as its jsut a ramdom key but works fine
Yeah mate i know i'm the same i've always been able to get a hold of other keys for bikes, but something about these keys that are different. I mean i've even got to first name terms to the guys that work in my local keycutters. They are with two of the biggest key suplliers around and they can't seem to get hold of them. I've been trying for about a month now, with no luck so thought i'd turn to the forum for some info.
Breesey
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: sold it!

Post by Breesey »

Hi, I got a blank key off ebay it cost me £3 and it only cost me £2 to get it cut.
Live for nothing or die for something!
zxr_lover

Post by zxr_lover »

Breesey wrote:Hi, I got a blank key off ebay it cost me £3 and it only cost me £2 to get it cut.
Hi mate do you have a link to the people you got it from?
Breesey
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Breesey »

The persons seller name on ebay was markhdiver, Ive just checked on ebay, he doesnt seem to have any keys for kawasaki, if you email him he might be able to get hold of one, there is a person from bulgaria selling them, hope this helps mate.
Breesey
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Breesey »

Hi again, on ebay there is a person selling Kawasaki keys the seller is called elliotth2001 and the shop is called CUSTOM ENGRAVERS LTD, Item number: 250072798723, they have got 990 available, the buy it now price is £4.99, it also has make me an offer price underneath it. The postage is £3.00, UK seller aswell, its the same one I got for my bike, it works fine.
zxr_lover

Post by zxr_lover »

Breesey wrote:Hi again, on ebay there is a person selling Kawasaki keys the seller is called elliotth2001 and the shop is called CUSTOM ENGRAVERS LTD, Item number: 250072798723, they have got 990 available, the buy it now price is £4.99, it also has make me an offer price underneath it. The postage is £3.00, UK seller aswell, its the same one I got for my bike, it works fine.
Hi mate thanks so much for the help, But this is the problem i've had everywhere i've looked. The groove is on the right hand side of the key on the one you bought. But mine is on the left. Can't seem to find them anywhere its doing my head in.

Thanks again for the help mate.
zxr_lover

Post by zxr_lover »

WOOOOOO result, just phoned cradley kawasaki, i gave them my chassis number and he's sending me up two blanks in the next few days. I'm just waiting for me losing the key in the mean time lol. Would be just my luck.