pillion

Moderator: Moderators

KB87
My Bike: ZXR400

pillion

Post by KB87 »

hiya, i was just wondering if someone can give me a little info about the suspension when carrying a pillion, i cant say that i know an awful lot about the mechanical side of bikes yet, havent been riding to long and have only recently give changing my oil and adjusting my chain ago. But i want to take my gf out on back of my bike and was just wondering what type of adjustment id need on the suspension and is it self doable by someone with little knowledge or better taken to a garage?

Thanks in advance.
BikerJake2010
My Bike: ZXR400 L8 / XJ600 S

Re: pillion

Post by BikerJake2010 »

I have never ever had to adjust my rear suspension for any pillion riding, and i frequently drive up with my gf from winchester to birmingham and drive a mate from uni in bristol in birmingham and had no problems, and my m8 is a big bloke so you should be all cushty still.

[Don't Just SAY it, DO it!]
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

same here never adjusted the suspension for a piliion or added more air in the tyres
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

Given that the standard suspension is set up way too hard adding a pillion should be an improvment :pmsl