dimensions of rear spring?

Moderator: Moderators

ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

dimensions of rear spring?

Post by ross46 »

hello, i have posted before about my rear suspension being too hard for me as i am so light (57kg in kit), so i am looking at getting a new spring for my bike from demon tweeks;
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycl ... ce-springs
there is a massive selection here so does anybody know or could measure a spare sring for the free length and internal diameter as i use my bike everyday as it is my only transport so i would rather not have to strip it apart to measure if someone knows the dimensions, also do any of you know what the rate of the standard spring is. many thanks
p.lally
My Bike: ZXR400 H2

Re: dimensions of rear spring?

Post by p.lally »

I have got my spring off at the minute to have it powder coated, when I get it back I can give it a measure for you.

Hopefully getting it back in next couple of days.

Are they the only dimensions you need?
ross46
Restricted
Restricted

Post by ross46 »

thanks mate, yeah just internal diameter and spring free length as i cant find either in the manual, apart from that the only thing is what rate i want but i'll need to speak to some people about that one, unless someone knows what the standard spring rate is so i can go a couple lower or if there is maths to work it out? thanks
p.lally

Post by p.lally »

Got my spring back today, so I will give it a measure tomorrow and let you know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
p.lally

Post by p.lally »

Morning, I make the spring to be 55mm I/S dia and 210mm in length.

Hope this helps you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ross46
Restricted
Restricted

Post by ross46 »

Absolutely perfect, thanks mate, also that spring looks awesome!