H model Forks!?!

Moderator: Moderators

Kloon
My Bike: ZXR 400 H2

H model Forks!?!

Post by Kloon »

Hello all, im new to this forum. hope this is the right place to post for some advice. Cant seem to find a set (or even one) of forks for my H model 400. I assume from reading on here before that H and L are not interchangeable? Ebay has not helped ive been looking for a month now. Would you all agree that taking them off the bike and getting rechromed and serviced is my best bet? Are H1 and H2 the same in terms of compatable parts?
Thanks in advance.
Cowards die many times in their lives but the valiant taste death only once.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: H model Forks!?!

Post by RedexRobB »

iirc, they are different lengths at least, which is shorter or longer i cant remember. For a good set of forks, you could be looking at 100 quid. You can try AMS motorsport (they have a website) or you can try one of our forum members 'falloffslowly' who is also a ZXR breaker 07727 943464.

Dont know if you have sen it yet but we have a classifieds section too, just below the forum banner on the right, little shopping trolley icon :)
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Re: H model Forks!?!

Post by Mori Man »

HI & H2 + J1 & J2 forks all fit.

L model are too short but you can get extensions for them but also the bottom triple is 1mm smaller on the H so that would need to be reemd out or you fit a L lower triple with a H pin put into it (different headrace bearings too)

Abe engineering should be able to sort you out with new stanchions, if your unsure about how to service them yourself just send the complete units and have them do it as they do a complete overhaul service.

Don't mess about getting a used fuel tap - just buy a new one.

Go for a complete system and free up some weight and gain some power :smt003

ATB,

MM!

PS. Hs are the best - the only world championship winning ZXR400 :smt004
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly