h model front forks

Moderator: Moderators

zxr400rider
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr400 h1

h model front forks

Post by zxr400rider »

hi guys my front forks are pitted and have now blown the seals ebay isnt throwing any up for the h model just the L

is there from any other models that will fit? or must i get mine rechromed? want to avoid that if i cant as i use the bike for work so cant have it off the road to long

HELP!!!
ZXR400 H1 gsxr600 srad rear shock, h2 front forks, delkevic downpipes, art end can,110 mainjets, braided brake lines, L model single seat, led rear light and LOTS of fun
Mori Man
Blingmeister
Blingmeister
My Bike: ZXR400J2

Re: h model front forks

Post by Mori Man »

As far as I am aware no other forks fit :smt009

Need to hunt out my H2 pair - they need new seals too but as far as I mind the stanchions are spotless as the fork oil protected them :smt004

Now have a J2 set so surplus to requirement but they are no longer available new so the other half of me says keep 'em :smt005
Nothing worse than having an H and not being able to scratch it !
Living life on the edge, SuPposedly
zxr400rider
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr400 h1

Post by zxr400rider »

how hard is it to fit l model forks? ive seen stanchions on ebay for the l model would they fit the h or completely different? there got be others that fit the h lol. would like an l model anyway but i love the h model looks lol
ZXR400 H1 gsxr600 srad rear shock, h2 front forks, delkevic downpipes, art end can,110 mainjets, braided brake lines, L model single seat, led rear light and LOTS of fun
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

L model forks are shorter.. so even if you had the whole frontend including yokes/bearings/wheel/discs etc it'd steer err .. interestingly and the wheel would likely twat the radiator/fairing

stanchions are available from ABE

http://www.allbikeengineering.co.uk/

FWIW i had an L4 before i had my H1.. i prefer the H both for the looks and the overall feel of the bike - less "pointy" more "planted"