reds
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZXR 400

Rear shock / rear linakge bearing removal

Post by reds »

this is the area i have to replace the bearings in for my mot retest:

http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/images/hmicro ... ension.gif

its the central bearing on part 39007 (the triangular bit) - how am i best getting this off the bike ? i only have a rear paddock stand to hold it up !

do i need to remove rear mud guard, and pop a plank of wood across the frame, then undo the rear shock (with someone holding the bike up) and then lower it down so that teh wood holds the bike up ??? or is their a simpler way ?

also does the triangualr section come completly out ? if so how easy is it to do / whats the best method ?

final question - parts 49001 are these greasing nipples ? should i be injecting grease into these bearings at regular intervals - didnt know the bike had these until i have had to start investigating this part

cheers

reds
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: Rear shock / rear linakge bearing removal

Post by RedexRobB »

youll need to get the rear of the bike completely in the air to take the weight off the swingarm, so a plank of wood underneath the sub frame and supported in some way is probably your best bet. It sould all come out in one, you need to undo the 3 bolts holding it to the shock, frame and the swing arm. These are done up well tight and probably havent been undone since the bike was made so they could be a bugger to get off.

49001 is a grease nipple yes, not all ZXR's have them, mine hasnt, i suspect its the later models that do.