Help me with brakes please!

Moderator: Moderators

Caz
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: GSX-R600 K4

Re: Help me with brakes please!

Post by Caz »

glad you got it sorted! :smt041 :smt038 :smt041 and welcome :-) Introduce yourself in the "getting to know you" forum :-)
GSX-R600 K4
ZXR400 H2
Commuter: Gilera Runner 180SP

Contributing writer to:http://jocke.selincite.com
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

Swedie wrote:I do have a sence of humor... really! it's just that he sort of hit a nerve I guess. I didn't register here to receive a bunch of jokes on my behalf. I wanted help with my brake issue! :smt012

anyhow, I solved the problem. If someone wants to know, I simply took the calipers apart and lubed pistons and seals with brake fluid. I apparently forgot to do that... now the brakes works a lot better!
got my rear caliper apart at the mo, will bear that in mind when i put it together. :smt023
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

my back brake has never worked, need new pistions and seals ect. i want to build a mounting bracket so i can fit somthing likg a k2 gsxr1000 caliper (cheaper than rebuilding the standard!) i should also be able to get rid of the brake torque bar what would be nice!

when ever i seem to start thinking about it tho somthing else comes along that needs fixing :smt009
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/