carrying a pillion

Moderator: Moderators

KB87
My Bike: ZXR400

carrying a pillion

Post by KB87 »

Hi there i've been trying and failing to find any sort of info about tyre pressure when carryin a pillion i have a service manual but no user manual. Can anyone tell me the best psi for each tyre with a pillion, i cant remember the exact name of the tyres off top of my head but they were dunlop something.

thanks in advance.
saka_ZXR
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400 L3

Re: carrying a pillion

Post by saka_ZXR »

KB87 wrote: i cant remember the exact name of the tyres off top of my head but they were dunlop something.
Vaguest hint of the century :p

I just tend to leave my pressures the same, never had a problem with grip or any other tyre problems with pillions,
If it's broke spray it with WD40, if it's still broke spray it again and leave it over night, if it's still broke, bin it.
KB87

Post by KB87 »

oh ok thanks mate ill just keep them at the usual pressure then, cheers.
Wabby
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Wabby »

saka_ZXR wrote:
KB87 wrote: i cant remember the exact name of the tyres off top of my head but they were dunlop something.
Vaguest hint of the century :p

I just tend to leave my pressures the same, never had a problem with grip or any other tyre problems with pillions,
Same - Although I ride ALOT more sedately with a pillion.
saka_ZXR
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by saka_ZXR »

Yeah goes without sayin u gotta ride ALOT more controlled and safe when uve got a pillion as their safety is in ur hands, i also make sure before a pillion gets on that they know about leaning and not moving around alot on the back :) had a girl on the back of my KLR the other day and she kept trying to lean the opposite way when i was going round corners and i could feel the back tyre going! I kept telling her to lean with me but she just wouldnt listen! Bloody women eh!
If it's broke spray it with WD40, if it's still broke spray it again and leave it over night, if it's still broke, bin it.
Vard66
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Coming soon; hopefully...

Post by Vard66 »

I only find that to be the case with male pillions, tbh - I ensure the female ones are hanging onto me, rather than the grab rail.

Problem solved.

:smt002
Vard.
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by saka_ZXR »

Oh she had her arms wrapped round me mate i made sure of that ;)

that just made the problem worse when she tried to lean the other way :p
zxrnoakze400
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr400 h2

Post by zxrnoakze400 »

lol i know what you mean, they never listen to " lean with me" you get off the bike and say "why dont you lean with me".... they say... " i wanted to see what was going on" haha