zxr400l front wheel doesnt fit??

Moderator: Moderators

Max4music
My Bike: zx7r / zxr400

zxr400l front wheel doesnt fit??

Post by Max4music »

I'm sure this is an easy one for all you seasoned zxr400 lovers. I bought a spare set of wheels for my track zxr. Popped em in no props, an have used ok. The other day I decided to change the wheel bearings so set about dismantling them only to find a washer next to the bearing that isnt shown in the manual. Now with it removed the wheel is sloppy. Ive measured from the bearing to the outer of the hub and have found there is about 3-4mm difference between this and the original wheel. Upon closer inspection I notice slight differences in the wheel. I have concluded that they are zxr400H wheels and someone has bodged in a spacer at some point. Does this sound correct? Has anyone else swapped the wheels? I'm looking at getting a spacer specially made to solve this. ha anyone else done this and can you confirm exactly what size it should be? Thoughts please
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: zxr400l front wheel doesnt fit??

Post by masterofinsanity »

usually people put L model wheels on the H models as they are more available and you have to cut down spacers, simon lowes is the man to speak to about this but he doesn't come on here anymore, might be worth asking this question in the racing section?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Max4music
My Bike: zx7r / zxr400

Re: zxr400l front wheel doesnt fit??

Post by Max4music »

Will do cheers