Are these the right size?

Moderator: Moderators

hciR
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400

Are these the right size?

Post by hciR »

http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/pr ... f=BRI17924 and does the price sound about right?
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: Are these the right size?

Post by RedexRobB »

yeah its the right size for the rear. Its H rated which means youll be able to do 130mph tops on that tyre, but how often do you go that fast?

No idea if that price is good or not.
hciR
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by hciR »

f*** I didn't realise that was just a rear. So i'm gonna have to spend £180 on rubber shocking
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

yeah its not cheap. Im spending 170 on tyres on thursday, getting avon viper sports. Place im getting my tyres from arent the cheapest to buy the tyres from, but they subsidise the cost of fitting because im buying the tyres from them, which works out only slightly more expensive than buying online and getting fitted. If i took them in loose they charge 24.99 a wheel!!! So decided to buy from them and pay only 6 quid a wheel.

Might be worth a thought on cost of fitting, cheapest i could find was £7.50, but i had to take them loose and i had to travel to take them.
hciR
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by hciR »

Thats a good point actually, I didn't even consider the cost of fitting. The place that I'm taking mine to don't supply m/c tyres but can fit them. Not sure if that will make it more or less expensive :smt017 In any case I'm gonna check with them before I buy online.
Caz
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: GSX-R600 K4

Post by Caz »

I've always found it best to get them from a local bike dealer - they give you better rates on fitting then

Try FWR motorcycles - they do a ride in ride out service v.cheaply if you buy the tyres from them.

and £180 on tyres is CHEAP. My last set cost me £230 fitted! and that was on promotion!
GSX-R600 K4
ZXR400 H2
Commuter: Gilera Runner 180SP

Contributing writer to:http://jocke.selincite.com
hciR
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by hciR »

The place near me said £7.50 for fitting if I buy the tyres myself. I did ask if they could source the tyres, but they couldn't get hold of them. Only thing is they can't balance them, so I think i'm gonna have a go at it myself cgeek
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

balancing is easy if youve got one of those balancers, more accurate than a machine too because it uses gravity which is a constant and never changes. All you need is to buy one and some wheel weights :)