Just had some Diablo's fitted

Moderator: Moderators

Full Tilt

Just had some Diablo's fitted

Post by Full Tilt »

So on Monday I took the plunge and had a pair of Pirelli Diablo's fitted by Mark at http://www.maxtyres.co.uk which is very close to "MFN" For the bargain price of £150 ride in ride out.

They are now scrubbed in and first impressions are they are excellent a massive improvement on my old Dunlop 207's. They seem a hell of a lot more positive under breaking and very stable in the twisty bits when you start to get the bike over.

I will keep you all up to date on how they feel as I get more miles on them.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

bargain, i personally think they are the best tyres i ever had on any bike but i paid £210 fitted ! :?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.

Post by Guest »

Did he have a stocking over his head and a gun in his hand?
That is daylight robbery :evil:

Mark was saying he has some people travel up from Daventry to his palce in Notts. :shock:

A mate of mine just had some BT 020'S fitted to his VFR and paid £225 he was sick as a dog when he realized he could have got them fitted for £185 at max tyres
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

mmm don't think i'll be visiting wheelhouse tyres gain!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
Full Tilt

Post by Full Tilt »

I dont blame you there mate another option would be to get a pair delivered from here for £130 + £10 p&p i think http://www.seastarsuperbikes.co.uk take your wheels out and get them fitted locally should be way cheaper than your :shock: :shock: £210 :shock: :shock:
wonderpupp
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZX6R P7F

Post by wonderpupp »

mine were also about £210 fitted for a pair.

I got ripped off big stylee as I needed a rear for the MOT in january, then was told by mr policeman in feb that i had to get a front.

£1500 for the rear fitted £130 for the front.

Shafted.

and not in the manner I like best.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

wonderpupp wrote:£1500 for the rear fitted £130 for the front.

Shafted.

and not in the manner I like best.
definitely shafted for that rear pupps :shock:
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

me thinks a typo has occured :lol:

Re: Just had some Diablo's fitted

Post by Guest »

Full Tilt wrote:So on Monday I took the plunge and had a pair of Pirelli Diablo's fitted by Mark at http://www.maxtyres.co.uk which is very close to "MFN" For the bargain price of £150 ride in ride out.

They are now scrubbed in and first impressions are they are excellent a massive improvement on my old Dunlop 207's. They seem a hell of a lot more positive under breaking and very stable in the twisty bits when you start to get the bike over.

I will keep you all up to date on how they feel as I get more miles on them.
Did you get some sort of discount on the normal price of £200 ?
or is it a case of you knowing the guy ?

I mean they are very competitve in terms of price, but you seem to have enjoyed a big rebate there ?
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

i've just had a diablo strada put on my rear, £113 fitted and i'll let you know how i get on with it.
Bikerz
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by Bikerz »

i live in a rich area where everything seems expensive, yet i get tyres far cheaper than u lot, ride in ride out dunlop 207's cost me 162 quid fitted :smt003
Assumption is the mother of all f*ck up’s
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZsnow ... ifeQQhtZ-1
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

well, i was NOT getting on with this tyre at all, went out yesterday ragging it uop the dual carriageway and the back end was wobbling all over the place, got it home and up on the paddock stand and checked the tyre for abnormalities but all seemed ok, checked the alignment and it was 8mm out!! surely these tyre fitters know what they are doing?? aligned it up properly and took it out again and boy it seems like my old tyre back, what a difference it makes when your rear wheel is straight :smt003
tam133
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Post by tam133 »

Just wanted to know what sort of milage you get from these tyres. Currently got some BT014's on at the moment but need a new rear so will just get a new pair. Currently thinkin of getting what I have at the moment or a pair of diablo's. Also what the best type? I went to http://www.seastarsuperbikes.co.uk which full tilt recomended and it came up with four types of diablo's:

Pirelli Diablo Corsa (Road)
Pirelli Diablo (Road)
Pirelli Diablo H Rated (Road)
Pirelli Diablo Strada (Road)

Just wondering which would be the best for me, I rind to work if its good wether as no to keen on the wet and generally go out most weekends if its not raining.
tam133
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Post by tam133 »

Was looking at these one, just wanted to double check this is the size i'm needing:

Model: Diablo
Product Code: S1430200/ S1430400
Description: Pair Deal
Sizes: 120/60/17 Front & 160/60/17 Rear
rene
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: kwack ZXR750L1

Post by rene »

was just reading though this thinking "wtf is baz on about his bikes been *broke* for months" then ralised its a year old!

just to carry on the topic i cant get super corsas for under £220 anywere local :smt013
ZXR750 L1
tail tidy, polished bits, custom paint job, k&n, dynojet, Full akropovik, down geared, GSXR calipers, hel brake lines front and rear & clutch line, maxtron resprung froks 120BHP

BikePics page-
http://www.bikepics.com/members/zxr400rene/