What are the best tyres for my zxr? little help please!

Moderator: Moderators

mickzxr400
My Bike: k7 gsx-r600

What are the best tyres for my zxr? little help please!

Post by mickzxr400 »

Ive had my zxr a month now ive got bridgestone batlax bt 57's on it just now, and at the weekend i was out and i shredded them quite badly, and when i bought the bike the tyres where starting to go square anyway! so i will be needing a new set soon, does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of tyres to put on next?
Live Life Fast
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Personally i really reccomend Bridgestone BT090's!

Specifically for 400's its a well sticky tyre and warm up pretty quickly. Having said that i would choose a tyre that suits what your going to use it for. If you go to and fro work alot and generally do alot of commuting they will square off very quickly as they are so soft. But if you generally do use it for thrashing about then id say get a pair of 090's.

Another good tyre i can reccomend is a set of BT010's but i think they have been superseeded by the BT014 now. Either way that was a good tyre ive run my ZXR on :smt001

Not sure if they do them in the ZXR's size but also Avon Viper Sports are a nice sticky tyre, i run on my ZX7 at the moment and are so good i even got my elbow down :twisted:

Theres some other popular tyres too which im sure people on here will remember :smt001
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

I'll sell you some part worn pirellie/metezlers for not too much and you can try em out
they're the soft compound ones
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

pirelli evo corsas mate or diablo, can't fault em at all!
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
mickzxr400

Post by mickzxr400 »

Thanks for your help so far guys!!! you have given me plenty to take into consideration! :smt003
Live Life Fast
Caz
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: GSX-R600 K4

Post by Caz »

Metezler Sportec M3s :smt007 :smt007

Just put a set on my gixxer, my other half has a set on his K1200R and we both agree theyre fantastic :smt004
GSX-R600 K4
ZXR400 H2
Commuter: Gilera Runner 180SP

Contributing writer to:http://jocke.selincite.com
Bozzie
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Bozzie »

While on subject of tyres, whats a good set for using my bike as a day to day commuter aswell as for fun?
TonyZRX

Post by TonyZRX »

I've been told by a lot of mates that Bridgestone 090's are the best tyres to run for handling, especially on the track.

I have these fitted to my track bike - and they are awesome.

I have a set of Diablo Dragon's which I am told will be better than the 090's when I am actually good enough to get the right amount of heat into them!!!
Xphyral
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Xphyral »

For everyday riding i loved continental contisports, they perform nicely in wet and damp conditions and feel pretty superb on warm dry roads. they dont wear very quickly either, track wise they dont perform aswell as pirelli's or the stickier 090's but i found they suited everyday road riding much better, they'll happily go from carrying you around at a sedate pace to grinding any bits of metal you have poking out the sides of your bike without any fuss or seat kissing moments. Make sure you go for a 60 profile front though as i listened to some random geezer in the bike shop and tried a 70 and i was running out of tyre on the front, the 60 works much better and feels more planted and steady instead of twitchy.

The trouble with having an open mind, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
mickzxr400

Post by mickzxr400 »

Thanks a lot folks, my mate is putting metzler m3s on his r6 i might give them a try or the bridgestone 090s not sure yet!!! p.s i hope thats how you spell metzler lol :smt003
Live Life Fast
Bozzie
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by Bozzie »

Yeh i think my bike has Conti sports on at the moment, very nice nearly getting my Knee down after one month of owning it. Shame its in the garage :P
mickzxr400

Post by mickzxr400 »

nice one Bozzie i got mine last month to think it was bout the 16th great bike, im getting pretty far over, i think i have a bit to go before the knee touches down though, i will get a new set of tyres first!!!
Live Life Fast
ancozxr
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400 Track, FMX 650

Post by ancozxr »

For me in public road drive i use BT-090 very good and in breaks.

For track-day and practise i use Pirelli Dragon SuperCorsa and Michelin Slicks.

Psi in road 32-34

Track 30-28.

:smt020
Racing for the fearless....!!!!

mickzxr400

Post by mickzxr400 »

Thanks for your help ancozxr! :smt003
Live Life Fast
greengoblin
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: 96 ZX7R, 01 ZX6R

Post by greengoblin »

Kepp your pressure at the recommended.......

Roads up here aren't warm enough just now to get any real heat into them :smt003