RACE TYRES - Best tyres for race track?

Moderator: Moderators

Geffro
My Bike: ZXR400 L1 trackbike

Re: RACE TYRES - Best tyres for race track?

Post by Geffro »

Ok Ive got loads of dragon supercorsa's & diablo supercorsa pro now, also have a set of Diablo Rain tyres. What tyres do you guys find the best for in the damp? Cheers!

Lachie
Lachie Innes #99
jake
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by jake »

hey mate.
those pirrelis will be good in the damp, just have to be smooth as ya know. I dont know anything about inters, i see them as a bit of a luxury. An expensive one too if you need another set of wheels/discs etc..
A lad who races with our club, who does tend to win more time than not!, races on inters. kr364's, even on the sunniest of days. they really work for him. He also won last years newcomers manx on the zxr with them tyres.
I dont know where he gets them from tho, as i thought they stopped making them..

I kinda go with if its wet enough to get a spray off the tyres, get the wets on. If its damp keep the drys on.
If its very damp, put a wet front on and a dry rear.
Geffro
My Bike: ZXR400 L1 trackbike

Post by Geffro »

Cheers for that Jake, helpfull as usual! Yeh think Ill go with your method, racing is expensive as it is! Don't suppose you've got tyres your looking to shift? Cheers!

*edit*

Just been looking at the tyres again, looking at the tread, do you think that the Dragon supercorsa's would be better than than Diablo Supercorsas in the damp? Cheers!

Lachie
Lachie Innes #99