clutch slipping..?

Moderator: Moderators

Jayzxr400l4
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400 L4

clutch slipping..?

Post by Jayzxr400l4 »

i decided to give my zxr an oil change about a month ago, i replaced the oil which was in the bike when i bought it with (FULLY SYNTHETIC CASTROL 10W 40 OIL), was running fine until now, and all of a sudden the clutch seems to slip ever so slightly but its enough to bother me as im losing acceleration in the higher revs,
iv heard that fully synthetic oil causes some bikes clutches to slip, just wondering if any of you guys have had the same problem with the oil?
also can i add that my bikes only just covered around 15k miles so the clutch shudnt be worn out and i havent really abused it to cause it to slip..

do you guys think its the oil?
if so could you tell me what oil you use in yours ( which is best for the engine and clutch )

or do you think it could be time for a new clutch?

any help would be much appreciated, thanks
Jay
Yamaha TZR50/race tuned 70 '03
Derbi senda drd pro 50 '57
Aprilia rs125 tuned '51
Gilera runner sp125 '51
Yamaha aerox 50 '06
Derbi senda extrema 50 '03
Kawasaki zxr400 l4 - R.I.P
Suzuki Bandit 600 '1994 - R.I.P
Suzuki GSXR600 K2 TELEFONICA
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: clutch slipping..?

Post by cargo »

A golden oldie one this is. Fully syn bike oil does NOT cause clutch problems. Fully syn car oil does. However I do know that a bike that has had mineral oil or semi syn in it and has had an oil change to fully syn can develop clutch slip. So you need to ask yourself what oil was in there before you changed it ?