stiff clutch

Moderator: Moderators

wildcat
My Bike: ZXR400L9, DRZ400sm

stiff clutch

Post by wildcat »

hi....new here :tease
i hav a zxr400 which i didn't use much last year...took it for a blast last sunday after not being on for bout 10months:smt007 forgot how much fun it was...anyway i also forgot how bloody painfull it got to pull the clutch in after bout 100 miles or so :smt010 my wrist hurt so bad that i almost wanted to push the bloody thing home :smt018 do anyone else have the same problem or am i just a big frigging baby :smt017 ...wrist was sore for days after but i love the bike....any suggestions welcome..and i have tried wearing a wrist support but is a nightmare with putting your gloves and stuff over it......cheers guys
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: stiff clutch

Post by RedexRobB »

Get the cable off and run some oil down the cable while pushing and pulling it till oil comes out the other end, thatll make it silky smooth!

p.s. when you come to un attach it down by the clutch itself, DO NOT undo the bolts holding the bracket (they are for the tensioner), instead undo up at the lever and it should come out easier from the bracket. :smt001
wildcat

Post by wildcat »

aw thanks very much....will try asap :smt001
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

no problem, just be aware that it will take quite a while for the oil to come out the other end. In fact what might be better is to do best you can for about half hour then bung the cable back on. Through gravity alone the oil should work its way down eventually, and even more so if you use the bike :)
wildcat

Post by wildcat »

just put new mot on the zxr :excited , as weather is forcast bad this wkend i'v decided it could do wiv a bit of a service so i'v bought a new clutch cable and its been fed with oil everyday fot the past wk :smt003 hanging up ready to go on....hope it works as i'm sick of having a bad wrist ruining my rideouts :smt012
Jeppo
L-plate hell
L-plate hell

Post by Jeppo »

It could be stiff clutch springs.....I can't see a cable being so stuck that it becomes painful...

But hopefully new cable will sort it :smt003
wildcat

Post by wildcat »

:smt017 :smt017 Mmmm wil get my dad to hav a look at them when the bikes apart, thanks for mentioning that, makes more sense than my method
parby81
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Post by parby81 »

Just start using your left hand for the five knuckle shuffle!! :pmsl
These things are sent to try us!!
lewisdale
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: zxr400 H2