Engine parts options

Moderator: Moderators

fanta501

Engine parts options

Post by fanta501 »

Hi all,
I’ve recently brought a 1995 zxr400 with a dead engine.
A conrod has let go and caused a fair bit of damage. I am going to fit a 2nd hand engine just to get it running and the n repair the original engine or keep any salvageable parts.
The parts I require are as follows

Conrods
Cylinder head
Pistons
Cylinder liner
Seals, bearings and gaskets

Now what are my options?
I was hoping for genuine standard parts but they seem to be discontinued. I can’t find pistons, liners, or conrods. I was hoping to get 1 replacement liner and then replace all conrods and pistons. Loads of 2nd hand parts but I want to fit new to try and prevent any future failures, that’s why I want to replace as a set and not just the one that failed etc. Is there any good brand replacements Parts without doing big bore conversion etc
Also any recommendations for a good engineering company in or near Sussex to replace the cylinder liner
Thanks
Gavin
Jule2364
My Bike: ZXR 400 H2

Re: Engine parts options

Post by Jule2364 »

Hello,
It seems that there is not so much activity left on this forum. I guess you could consider buying second handed barrels (lots on ebay), have them rebored to lets say 57,5mm and fit aftermarket pistons which are easy to find on the web.
ie there http://shop.brancquartcompetition.fr/fr ... xr400.html
For my part, I found most of the seals and bearing from Kawa (The head gasket is no longer available and I bought it from ebay if I remember properly).
Cheers,
Julien