Bubbles in expansion bottle, over heating..... HG?

Moderator: Moderators

CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Bubbles in expansion bottle, over heating..... HG?

Post by CaNsA »

2 days ago i drained the entire coolant system as the previous owner had decided to use water, that had turned rusty and brown :(

filled it up with coolant, took it for a run, the bike got hot very quickly. the needle was in the horizontal centre line with in 3miles of easy under 5k revs riding.

i had the rad cap off and the engine running to check for airlock and i spotted a constant stream of biggish bubbles.

Just rode it home and heard bubbling in the exp. bottle.
no moisture or cheese in the oil, bike runs sweet, just gets hot quicker than it did before.
Has the HG finally died?
Where can i get a replacement in the north west tomorrow (thursday) and what the hell do they look like?

Cheers
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Re: Bubbles in expansion bottle, over heating..... HG?

Post by masterofinsanity »

my zxr750 did this mate after i changed the coolant, i would say its just air in the sytem, thats all mine was.i changed the thermostat and it stopped so could be the thermostat has rusted solid and not opening and letting the coolant to circulate properly.
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

Coolant...................was it ready mixed.......................?? or was it in need of water to get the ratio correct. Did you check ?

Did you fill it via the radiator cap ???
Did you note in the manual how much it should hold and compare that with how much you put in ?

Did you top up the expansion tank ? ?

Head gaskets like most parts can be had next day delivery from Cradley....................and if I have to post that again I think I'll scream
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

Panic over.
new air filter, and stressing over the bike getting to temp quicker than before.

no need to be alarmed. bike is running sweet :)
:pmsl :pmsl :pmsl :pmsl
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::