Overheat, coolant and a dead fan? HELP!?

Moderator: Moderators

cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: Overheat, coolant and a dead fan? HELP!?

Post by cargo »

Interesting one this..................

Race bikes are only allowed to run with water.............I used to use distilled water when I could get it for free

Anyway if my race bike got much more than 90c I'd start to worry a little. My ZXR400 with water and no fan has NEVER reached half way on the standard temp guage

Jeppo your fan gets it's signal to switch on from a switch in than radiator that switch reacts to a high water temp not sure at exactly what. Given that your radiator was empty the switch wasn't sensing a high water temp cos there was no water there !

Now to the real problem............if you short the wire on the brass swtich fitting on the front left of the rad the fan should come on...............if it doesn't then the switch COULD be fecked...................if you apply 12v directly to the fan and it spins then it is ok if it doesn't it's fecked..................replace the fan and retest the brass switch connection again the fan should come on if not its fecked
ratbag56
My Bike: zxr400 / 636

Post by ratbag56 »

there is different types of anti freeze normal antifreeze is normally green or blue then there is wot we call in the trade is longlife and this is red in colour u cant mix the two, reason is unknown! check the fam switch is working as well! :gamer
lewisdale
CBT slow
CBT slow
My Bike: zxr400 H2

Post by lewisdale »

i think the reason is they want you to use ther own stuff instead of mixin with another make, just a con