HELP! lol

Moderator: Moderators

AdamZXR
My Bike: ZXR 400 L8

HELP! lol

Post by AdamZXR »

right. found the problem with the ZXR the wiring loom was buggered BADLY!
but got a new loom on it and the fuse box wasnt much cop so just got the EXACT same fuse box took me a while to find one but it should be here tues/wed because there is errosion around the IG and the lights and indicators. but the problem is with the bike everything works except the bike wont start theres no spark from the plugs. any suggestions or help? cause once i get that sorted ill be a happy chappy. thanks adam

oh and just curious but the resivouir tank. where do the pipes go? i know one goes to the radiator but where does the other go as i found it just tucked away! and aswell how do the leads under the air filter go? because since i have had the bike they have just been a mess :(
rover220
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zx7r p6

Re: HELP! lol

Post by rover220 »

top hose from the expansion tank just vents to atmosphere so thats fine.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

Yeah the pipe at the top of the expansion tank just tucks away behind it. The leads under the air filter im assuming you mean the wiring?

got this picture here of it all up top

As for the non starting, wait till you get a new fuse box and go from there, that just might sort it. :smt001
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

I like the cleverly positioned airbox bolts just sitting there waiting to cause mayhem :smt003 :smt003
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

heheheh, never noticed that!
AdamZXR

Post by AdamZXR »

thanks guys you are really helpful lets hope this works. but its really weird no spark coming from the plugs. guess ill have to have my fingers crossed
MillaMeter
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: K ZXR400 L2, H Rebel 125

Post by MillaMeter »

I have some original ZXR400 coils if you want them. Labled 1234 and everything.
MillaMeter's ZXR400 Restoration Click HERE!
ZXR400s 4eva! I miss mine already :(
AdamZXR

Post by AdamZXR »

yeah i think i do need some coils. how much would you be looking for them?? cheers
AdamZXR

Post by AdamZXR »

RedexRobB wrote:Yeah the pipe at the top of the expansion tank just tucks away behind it. The leads under the air filter im assuming you mean the wiring?

got this picture here of it all up top

As for the non starting, wait till you get a new fuse box and go from there, that just might sort it. :smt001
ok the fuse box has come and nope still doesnt want to start. my brother whos an electrician thinks i might have connected a wire wrong which doesnt supprise me to be honest... but will have a look for me. its weird it sounds like it wants to start but no spark its very frustrating aswell i have to put my TZR 125 back togeather to run that in
bendog66
L-plate hell
L-plate hell
My Bike: ZXR400 L4, ZX6R F1 track

Post by bendog66 »

i know it's an old thread, but who cares?

It'll more than likely be the wrong fuse box. I replaced my loom with an L9 one i think, and the fuse box was completely different. my one had 4 fuses in, the correct one had about 8 or so. I'll imagine neither your indicators or your horn work right?