zxr 400 H1 coolant breather leaking

Moderator: Moderators

RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: zxr 400 H1 coolant breather leaking

Post by RedexRobB »

Its normal for the bike to get hot in traffic, as you say ther no air passing through the radiator, but it shouldnt be leaking coolant out! Id try a new radiator cap and see how that goes. what temperature is the gauge at when you are moving?
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400L4

Post by Tirpitz »

Don't worry about the level of the coolant in the bottle when it is hot. It is an expansion bottle and as the coolant in the system expands it moves into the bottle it is then sucked back out again when it cools down. This is normal.

You will find that if you have the coolant bottle filled to the max mark that if you ride the bike hard it will overflow a little. You don't need to have it this full, halfway between max and min is better. If it leaks at this level then you have a problem.

It's quite normal for the temperature gauge to get to halfway in traffic. The fan should kick in around this point. If it starts going into the top half of the range you may want to start checking your rad is clean and the fins are not bent.
ZXR400 L4, purple / black / pink
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
A16 carbon fibre exhaust can
Nitron Sport shock
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

zxr400dk94 wrote:Hi there all i have brought a £800 kwak just under 2 weeks ago so with the price I know there was gunna be some problems and now my coolant reservoir tank breather pipe keeps pissen out coolant. I have nearly come off it as it came out the breather & on went on my back tyre and ken block I went. on the temp gauge it goes just past half way mark when im in traffic so its gets hotter as there not much air getting to it but i have to give it some to cool it down and when i say give it some not as red lineing it just have to got fast to get more air sucking in it for it to cool down but why is the over flow/breather leaking. & to help you out a bit more on the coolant reservoir tank it was past the full mark so i drained to just below the full mark i drive it 6 miles home and amazingly it was past the full mark again near the top if you look at this pic the red circle is where it is leaking from http://lh5.ggpht.com/-vmyqaWLH66iiUC2Q_ ... t1nib=s139

or just go on to this url and scroll to the 3-4 cooling system,coolant flow chart its the first 3-4 when you scroll down and look for 13

i was told it could be the rad is clogged or the head gasket is going but no water comming out my exhaust plz help thanks.
U FKIN WOT BRUV?

Seriously, sort all that out.
Find out what a , and a . are.

Thanks
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

I've deleted that last post.

CaNsA is a senior menber of this forum and speaks and reads in English. Calling him names wont get you the help you so clearly need.
CaNsA
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZX6R F1

Post by CaNsA »

zxr400dk94 wrote:Well if he is a senior member he should show respect I write in English nothing else so you need to get to SpecSavers and pull your tong from up his butt
I've highlighted the corrections for you.
You're welcome.
Moderator & Skilled Ban Hammer Operator!
Has this forum helped you out? Say thanks by donating some of your hard earned cash towards running costs.

:: <=-LOADED TELLY BOXES - NO CONTRACT - NO SUBSCRIPTION - PM ME-=> ::
Tirpitz
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR400L4

Post by Tirpitz »

zxr400dk94 wrote:
cargo wrote:I've deleted that last post.

CaNsA is a senior menber of this forum and speaks and reads in English. Calling him names wont get you the help you so clearly need.
well if he is a senior member he should show respect i write in english nothing else so u need to get to speck savers and pull your tong from up his ars
Oi CaNsA, you missed one :smt003
ZXR400 L4, purple / black / pink
Hel braided hoses
Pirelli Diablos
Ohlins steering damper
A16 carbon fibre exhaust can
Nitron Sport shock
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped