Temprate, need to know asap!

Moderator: Moderators

Chadatious
My Bike: ZXR 400 H1

Temprate, need to know asap!

Post by Chadatious »

Hi, i was riding my zxr400 today and they temprature guage was 3/4 of the way up. is this correct? as i dont think it is, and it felt really hot.

Thanx
Chad
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Re: Temprate, need to know asap!

Post by RedexRobB »

Where does it normally sit?

Temp will vary with where your riding, through town in stop start traffic it will rise due to lack of air flow through the rad, but, the fan should kick in at some point.

On a motorway on a hot day i wouldnt expect it to be any higher than half way.
Chadatious

Post by Chadatious »

Well i dont know its my first day riding, but my clutch has just gone up to shoot so that must have been causing it to over heat. so must have been that, but i had to get stranded while the bike had a wee didnt it :/ and the fan has a switch so im not sure if it will kick in or whether thans an extra, but thanx :)
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Oh dear that's not gone well! Fan should kick in regardless if its been done properly.
Chadatious

Post by Chadatious »

alrite well earlier it was 3/4 way up and it didnt bubble when the coolant leaked out the pressure valve it wa sonly 2 3rds up the temp??? maybe heated so quick it couldnt keep up or summing lol. but once clutch done ill take it from there
Chadatious

Post by Chadatious »

Just wondering where on the guage is the bike classed as being too hot? its a h1 if thats any different?
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

When its burried in the red its too hot. Having said that, they don't normally run above more than half way unless something is wrong. So what happened to the clutch exactly?
Chadatious

Post by Chadatious »

okay well my radiator bubbled and overflowed at just over 3/4, and its just sliping like a gooden now, cant get much more than 20, out of it, so ive orderd new one in and should be done this week im hoping. and thanx for all your help ;)
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RedexRobB »

Oh ok, how was it once it cooled down? Remmeber to check the coolant level when you get it back.
Chadatious

Post by Chadatious »

what do you mean? and it ran perfectly once cooled down, and thos morning i had to ride it to show to be restricted and not one glitch, but once clutch was slipping it was then over heating. and ive still got it till clutch is in and it lost abit when it sprayed out everywhere but i got a bottle spare in the garage so ill top it up.