balancing carbs

Moderator: Moderators

ian rycroft
My Bike: kawasaki zxr400

balancing carbs

Post by ian rycroft »

hi what do i need and do to balance the carbs on my 93L it has cv carbs that have been dynojeted,when i rev the bike it comes down to 2,000rpm and then takes about 5sec to come back to tick over,thanks.Ian
Glitchard
My Bike: Kawasaki ZXR 400

Re: balancing carbs

Post by Glitchard »

Mine dose the same.ZXR400 L 94. Is that what it is the carbs need balancing?????????? When you lean the bike to the Left the revs go up and then lean the bike to the right they go down again. Strange a......... :smt010

Cheers for the replys. I will try that on the weekend.
Last edited by Glitchard on Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parby81
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400 L9

Post by parby81 »

leaning the bike to the left (as though its on its side stand alters the way the fuel is sitting in the float bowls and can cause them to act as though the float is too high. As for the hanging revs, it is either a leak at the inlet rubbers, or the carbs are running a bit lean at idle. turn the screws out a quarter of a turn and see how it goes. you can do this whilst you are balancing the carbs.
These things are sent to try us!!
extonyg
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: zxr 400 L1 uk

Post by extonyg »

the revs used to hang on for a few seconds on my L1 was all down to a air leak around the airbox where is bolts to the carbs and inlet rubbers leaking.a good way to test your inlet rubbers is with the bike running spray the inlet rubbers with wd40 or something and if the revs go up or change at all it means they are leaking, and ye also the mixture screws can cause this sort of problem as well.
ian rycroft

Post by ian rycroft »

i forgot to say mine has an AMS ram airbox,ian
extonyg
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by extonyg »

i dont think ram air box will make a difference with balancing them as you have to have the airbox off to balance them up anyways. the needles and jetting will have to be altered for the ram air box so you might have to have a look into that.
ian rycroft

Post by ian rycroft »

got it narrowed down to a air leak damed if i know where,when i rev it it comes down to ,2,000rpm and if i flick the choke it comes straight back to tick over which means its weak, so when i flick the chock it richens it, the inlet rubbers are the first to be changed, so where do i buy new ones?
extonyg
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member

Post by extonyg »

ye inlet rubbers are common, with the bike running if you spray the inlets see if the revs change that will tell you if there leaking.if not just take them off and have a look at them its mainly the underpart that bolts down to the head the perishes and cracks.i ordered mine through a local garage that i no.someone on here will tell you where to order them from though.i think people get there parts from cradley or somthing im not quite sure your have to check.
RedexRobB
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: ZXR400L3

Post by RedexRobB »

yes, Cradley are always good :)