carburettor problem!

Moderator: Moderators

fathead69er
My Bike: tomos moped

carburettor problem!

Post by fathead69er »

hey guys...right so i balanced my carbs n the bike runs as sweet as a nut up untill about 10'000rpm then it loses all the power n practically dies!
could this be carb icing or something else????
cheersin advance for any help-craig
153mph zxr400!
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

is your bike restricted?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

yea that sounds like a restrictor dont it, however if like it sez under your name 153mph ZXR then it cant be unless you changed the clocks an they have the rev limiter in or somethin like that.
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

that must be with the NOS
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
superman
Full Licence rider
Full Licence rider

Post by superman »

It does seem rather fast i think, but i suppose it could be done. i tell you somethin i would have loved that ZXR400 with the implanted 600 engine.
Remember speed kills, so does smoking, drinking, drugs, fast food and many more good things
fathead69er
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by fathead69er »

i dont think its the restrictercoz it aint got one and it aint done this before! i will check my plugs etc n see if that could be it!
as for the 153mph...i dont know how it managed it but the bike came dyno-jetted n wi renthal sprockets etc......then one day on a big long straight i tucked myself in n opened her up she krept past 145mph n i thot that was good enough but kept her lit n wham she hit 153mph!!!!
nobody beleived me untill i was out wi my bro on his cbr400 n ma mate on his zx7r n pissed all over my bro n then was passed at 170mph by my mate! that sure dampened my happiness!!!
anywa cheers for your help dudes!
153mph zxr400!