L5 Engine unknown pipes

Moderator: Moderators

mart33uk
My Bike: tomos moped

L5 Engine unknown pipes

Post by mart33uk »

Have just purchased an L5 UK engine to fit to my H ZXR400.Having read the manuals sorted that the engine will fit ok i have noticed that there is a pipe coming from just below the carb mounts on the left as you look from behind where as my H engine has a bolt in the same hole,and also on my H engine the carb mounts are connected by two pipes(end to end and middle to middle)the L engine has these pipes but they are not connected carb to carb they just have screws in the ends?
Anyone know what goes where.[/b]
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Bike: Aprilia Tuono Fighter

Post by masterofinsanity »

i think the pipes you are talking about are for balancing the carbs mate, have you got any pics so we can confirm?
Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
mart33uk

Post by mart33uk »

Will post some picts tomorrow.So these pipes carry air from carb to carb or fuel.
mart33uk

photos

Post by mart33uk »

Can't figure out how to insert images so i have emailed them to you,maybe you can insert them for me.

Cheers.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't forget people there is more to the zxr400 than this forum... check out www.zxrworld.co.uk also.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

aren't these the connection pipes for the carb heater pipes?? take one of the bolts out i think you will find water pours out.
zimm
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR400-M4, ZX4, ZX6R.

Post by zimm »

they are the balance pipes for attaching vacuum guages to, they normally join 1-4 and 2-3, or just blank them off, dont connect them 1-2 3-4 etc , as the pulses will be off and affect the fuelling, the one in the middle of the pic coming from the head is for the carb heaters.
mart33uk

pipes

Post by mart33uk »

Thanks guys,i will use the pipes of my other engine and connect 1-4 and 2-3.As far as the other pipe i will remove it and put in the bolt from the other engine i hope this will work ok.
masterofinsanity
Site Admin
Site Admin

looks like all the pipes are coming from the head to me :smt017