Dyno-jet

Moderator: Moderators

greengoblin
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: 96 ZX7R, 01 ZX6R

Dyno-jet

Post by greengoblin »

Bikes not running so good just now so I've opened the carbs to find that some of the spacer washers have fallen of the top of the needle, does anyone know if this should make a difference? As far as I can tell they only hold the sping tighter so shouldn't affect the air fuel mix.

Does anyone have a good set up for Dyno-jet i.e what notch to put the spring clip on and so on ?

The bike still has the standard exhaust, don't know if this affects it or not.
sloweracing
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by sloweracing »

You will need to dyno or play on the road but the height of the needle will make a difference to the fueling

the washers are they under the circlip on the needle and is the needle at the lowest point now

the washers could be to just put more tension on the spring but you shouldnt need them but wouldnt like to say :smt017

As you take the top off the carb turn it upside down does the washer fit over the plastic lug where the spring would locate so is it a big washer or small washer dynojet do a washer for there needles but fits over the main needle so there would be 4 off them to place under the circlip just so it sits nice

Good luck
kwakbiker
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by kwakbiker »

I think ive got the base settings for a dyno jet kit in me garage, will try and find them and post em up for you
Own the best-Kawafuckinsaki
greengoblin
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: 96 ZX7R, 01 ZX6R

Post by greengoblin »

Just looked again and the clip is on the second top notch with 3 little dyno-jet washers sitting directly on top of it :smt017