CVs the further adventures of...

Moderator: Moderators

KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

CVs the further adventures of...

Post by KwakKwak »

I'm stripping my latest set, it's an addiction, here's the thing, two needles standard, no washers, one needle raised 1 washer, other needle raised 3 washers, and by washers I mean they were spring clips. Jets 114, when I got my bike it was bad with 110s it ran rich amazingly, jets not even tightened.
Pilot air screws next, one fully seated, two 2 turns out, last 2 and 1/4 out. Not checked float heights yet, look low, or checked the pilot jets.
Does not appear to be any O rings on the pilot screws, although these can stay in the seat and wash out under sonication, pretty sure they aren't in here though.

So point is what the fook is going on, I've theorised before, is this the work of a CV genius, the perfect ZXR set up, or as I rather suspect, the work of that two humped ZXR set up genius again.

"My bike isn't running right, what could be wrong" :ffs
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Re: CVs the further adventures of...

Post by cargo »

I can understand the notion of running the two middle cylinders a little different for the outer two...................but that's just plan crazy.

Who is doing this to carbs ?? and yes the old "my bike isn't running right question" makes me wonder what class of expert (?) is out there messing with carbs
KwakKwak
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: ZXR 400L9 2001

Post by KwakKwak »

The fully seated pilot screw may have been a clever work around the wrenched in threaded and loose pilot jet
What torque setting are the jets meant to be at anyway???? :pmsl
Does the low seat height reflect the low intelligence? Easier to get an asshole onto.
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

No idea about jet torque settings but like buses there'll be a few experts along very soon.