what are the head torque settings??

Moderator: Moderators

george1992
My Bike: zxr 400

what are the head torque settings??

Post by george1992 »

i am about to do my head gasket but i need to know what the torque settings are when putting my head back on... thanks in advance
Smousley1995
My Bike: Zxr 400 L 1993

Re: what are the head torque settings??

Post by Smousley1995 »

Go on the "Zxr world" web page and go on manual and then your model and then general. There's a torque table showing everything. For an L model it says 18ft-lb for the 8mm cylinder head bolts and 8.5ft-lb for 6mm bolts although I don't recall any 6mm bolts :/

http://www.zxrworld.co.uk/Manuals/L%20M ... er%201.pdf
Why take life so seriously, your not going to come out alive!
cargo
zxr400 oc member
zxr400 oc member
My Bike: tomos moped

Post by cargo »

Smacks forehead in disbelief .....................

You linked the manual and still didn't see the 6mm bolt..................one hopes you have just forgotten it rather than forgotten to fit it

It lurks in the camchain tunnel and needs to be removed BEFORE removing the 8mm bolts and refitted AFTER the 8mm bolts
Smousley1995
My Bike: Zxr 400 L 1993

Post by Smousley1995 »

cargo wrote:Smacks forehead in disbelief .....................

You linked the manual and still didn't see the 6mm bolt..................one hopes you have just forgotten it rather than forgotten to fit it

It lurks in the camchain tunnel and needs to be removed BEFORE removing the 8mm bolts and refitted AFTER the 8mm bolts
Haha, fortunately I don't mean when working on my engine in my bike. I've got a spare engine which I stripped so I wasn't paying too much attention although I remember where it is now you've said that biggrin
Why take life so seriously, your not going to come out alive!