Fueling question

Moderator: Moderators

CrazyChris
My Bike: Kawasaki ZX400G

Re: Fueling question

Post by CrazyChris »

Petrol pump is wired and connected right. But its not a bikes petrol pump. Its a cars pump. So its too strong apparently.
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

In which case is it pumping correctly, there's a nice scientific thread on here but basically the pump will turn on when the gloat bowls are empty to fill them and then cuts off and just keeps topping it up when it senses that the floats are shutting the fuel out, im guessing if the pumps too strong then it should be able to push the floats down, like pushing a capped empty bottle underwater, just a thought, I would try get the correct fuel pump, simple stuff first
CrazyChris

Post by CrazyChris »

I totally agree. The only problem is cash flow. A pump in South Africa goes for around £200. I unfortunately don't have that type of cash lying around. Received a bit of advise from a friend which I'm gonna try tomorrow. Y-piece in the pipe after the pump. Should bring the pressure and flow down.
ross46
Restricted
Restricted
My Bike: zxr 400 l6

Post by ross46 »

yeah, new one from cradley kawasaki here is around 175 quid. though couldnt you get someone to buy a used one of ebay and send it to you? i wouldnt mind as long as i get refunded the postage. if you want i can check how much it would cost to send a fuel pump?
CrazyChris

Post by CrazyChris »

Appreciate the offer. Will definately keep it in mind. Took her out for a ride after I put in two y-pieces and a small tap. She is getting better. Runs very lean though. Fine tuning tomorrow so here's hoping